Sunday, December 14, 2008

Update to last update

In my last post I mentioned that our crooked tree was up but not decorated because it was....well.....crooked. We always get a very large tree - usually about 10 foot. It takes 3 people up on ladders to decorate it. We finally got it decorated Friday night. It took us 5 hours!!!!! It was so pretty when we finished it and we got to enjoy it for about 20 minutes before going to bed. The next morning we heard a crash.....and then a bunch of wailing from Benjamin. Our tree had fallen over and lots of my ornaments had busted in a million of pieces. Benjamin cried, "Christmas has been cancelled!!!" Because our tree was gone, he thought he wouldn't get any presents either. Randy came home from his deer camp to pick it back up and see if he could get it supported better. It was hopeless. We had to take everything off of it and drug the tree outside to our "burn pile". So now, here we are...about 10 days until Christmas....and we still don't have a tree. My sister-in-law gave me an aritifical tree to borrow but forgot the stand. Hopefully we can get the stand tomorrow and I can get a Christmas tree back up. I still haven't wrapped a single present either.

Update on Aaron's arm: he came home from school Thursday begging me to take him to the Doctor because his arm was hurting so bad. It really hadn't hurt much until that day. I took him to the After Hours Clinic and they did x-rays. Ends up his arm was cracked in 2 different places. They put a splint on it and we have an appointment in Jackson tomorrow to get it looked at.

Exams are this week for the kids and then it's Christmas break - yea!!!

I just noticed that Brooke changed by background scenary - I like it - Thanks Brooke!!

Shalom (that's for you Brooke)

1 comment:

destinmimi said...

Oh Jolyne... bless your heart...your post was Sunday so I hope you have a tree by now....I am sorry about your ornaments...I know they are just "things" but if they are like most of mine they have special memories and meanings.

Sorry to hear about Aaron's arm.. hope it heals quickly!