Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer News

I thought I would get caught up on my blogging. Right after Bethany's birthday, on Father's Day, we left for Florida with the youth group from our church. We took a nice bus...watched videos.....snacked.......slept......and visited. The youth trip was amazing. I've been on youth trips before and there is usually some sort of girl drama that goes on. There was no drama and no problems this trip. The speaker was amazing and I absolutely LOVED the music. We did mission work during the day and had Bible studies and conference that evening. The last day we went to Universal Studios which was a blast. I think the kids highlight of the trip was seeing my hair wet and nasty from the rides (ha).

Our garden is gone now but we are still enjoying the fruits of our labor which I put up. Oh by the way....my arm looks great now after the bad burn I got from making plum jelly. A full quart size jar of boiling water fell on it. You can hardly tell it now.

We are enjoying the summer, it is soooooo HOT!!!! We haven't had much rain at all. Everything is so dry. It will soon be time for school to start back up. I already have my students curriculum all ready to go. We will start the first part of August.

Hope everyone is having a great summer and I would love to hear from you!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds like yall are as busy as we are! :) Do you have any good recipes for eggplant? We never really eat it, but have lots!

Jolyne said...

I usually dip it in batter and just fry it. Not the healthiest way to eat it but it sure is good!!!