Sunday, September 27, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SPECIAL BOY, BENJAMIN

This blog is late since Benjamin's birthday was September 5th but it's because I had difficulty in posting it several weeks ago. I hope this works now!! Here is my birthday tribute to my special boy, Benjamin!!

On September 5, 2001, a precious baby boy was born - Benjamin James White. He weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces. After Hannah was born, I had 2 miscarriages. That is why there is such a big age gap between Hannah and Benjamin. The first miscarriage was hard enough but for it to happen a 2nd time was a little much for a person to take!!! So when I became pregnant the 3rd time, I was a little nervous to say the least. I was very careful in everything I did and I kind of ate a lot too!! I gained more weight (50 pounds to be exact) with him than with any of the other pregnancies. I remember my favorite thIng to eat was french fries. I would get a whole bag of frozen fries and bake them in the oven. The kids would get such a kick out of me just sitting there at the table with the whole pan of fries (not wanting to share either, ha!!) and dipping them in ketchup. but hey - at least I baked them and didn't fry them!!

About the last month or two before he was born, we were getting our kitchen remodeled. It was completely gutted out so I was having to wash dishes in the bathroom tub. Not a fun thing when you are extrememly big and pregnant. I remember cooking supper in my electric skillet on top of Hannah's play kitchen in our dining room because I didn't have a kitchen. Not only were we remodeling our kitchen but we were making an upstairs out of our attic. We started this about the same time I became pregnant. So things were very messy and very unorganized. It was a very stressful time but it all got done right before Benjamin was born and it all worked out.

Both of my parents were here when Benjamin was born. Randy, Brooke, Paige, and my mother were in the delivery room when he was born. It was such a special time for all of them and special for me too!! My mother stayed almost 2 weeks with me but my Dad had to get back to Texas and Brooke went with him.

Benjamin was born the year of 9-11. We didn't have television then so had no idea what was going on. I remember I was sitting in my bed nursing Benjamin, when I got a phone call from my Dad telling me what just happened. I remember the fear of just not knowing what was going to happen next. Here I was nursing my newborn baby and what if these crazy people come to Natchez? All kinds of things were going through my head and it was such a scarry time. One that all of us will NEVER forget.

When Benjamin was born, all of my children were older so I really had it made. I hardly got to hold him. They all spoiled him and he was truly loved. When I became pregnant with Bethany, I was so sick I could harldy get out of bed. Paige took care of all of Benjamin's needs and pretty much raised him. I felt so bad but I was thankful I had her to help me. Benjamin was so funny and entertaining. I remember we would all gather in our living room and set him down on the floor and just watch him. He loved to put on a show and we would just laugh and laugh. He is still very entertaining and so much fun!! Right now he is playing football and when he makes a touchdown, he does a touchdown dance. It's different every time and he makes the crowd laugh. I was kind of worried how he would react to having another baby in the house since he was the center of attention, but he loved his little sister Bethany when she was born. They were like a married couple for years after she was born. The honeymoon is over now but they are still very close.

Benjamin is very much a people person. He doesn't know a stranger and can pretty much talk and get along with anyone. He is a very passionate little boy. He can get quite angry but he also cares very deeply about people and just issues in life. He still loves to be held and kissed on which I'm thankful for that!! Although he is getting to where he doesn't like me to do it in public. But he sure loves it at home!!

We found out in the pregnancy that Benjamin was a boy. The only reason I did was because I needed to know "where" he would go. We only had a 3 bedroom house at the time, and we had 3 girls in one room and 2 boys in another room. We were adding more rooms upstairs in our remodeling so I just needed to know how this was all going to work out. I wanted a Bible name. We really weren't planning on having any more children - 6 children was absolutely perfect!! We would have 3 boys and 3 girls. We were called the Brady Bunch and I even made up my own works to the song. So I decided on Benjamin because Benjamin was the last of his tribe in the Bible. It seemed like the perfect name. He still is our last boy - the last of the boy tribe!! Actually his name means, "on the right hand of his father". Which that is very fitting too since we had Benjamin at an older age. Randy will really need Benjamin's help when our older boys are gone which will be here in the next couple of years.

My prayer for you Benjamin is that you will keep that passion of yours. Use your passion for God's glory. You have such a way with people. People are drawn to you. God has great plans in store for you. I love you so much and am so thankful that you are my son!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SON!!!!

No comments: